Choral Scholars Program
The Inter-Mennonite Children’s Choir desires to develop the leadership skills of interested members. The purpose of this program is two-fold. In this program, the choral scholar will have the opportunity to develop leadership and social skills as well as help the choir achieve even greater standards of musical excellence.
We encourage those singers who have had at least two years of singing in IMCC and are entering grade eight or nine, to consider applying for the program.
The following are a list of some of the demands of the position
- attendance at IMCC rehearsals and functions
- arrival at choir rehearsals 10- 15 min early
- a willingness to carry out various tasks and take initiative
Some of the responsibilities of the choral scholars will include:
- assisting younger singers with notes and words
- taking and monitoring attendance
- distributing name tags
- collecting forms
- organizing the setting up and taking down of chairs
- assisting in activities during choir workshops and fun days
- leading stretches and breathing warm-ups for the choir